Tried and true or completely custom. Get the OS you need.
Windows Server 2012
The 2012 release of Windows Server brought new features for uptime and continuous server availability, as well as management efficiency and automation for virtualization of major workloads. Codero offers both the DC and Standard editions, and as a Microsoft Certified Partner, we have the expertise to answer any questions and navigate any challenges.
Overview of Windows Server 2012:
- Server access: TP, remote desktop
- Server-side scripts: ASP, ASP.Net, VB, ColdFusion
- Database (for dynamically driven websites): SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL, DSN
- Shell scripts: CGI, PERL
- Supported extensions: CGI, .html, .htm, .pl, .asp, .aspx, .shtml, .xml, .php, and others
Many tech teams prefer the flexibility, security, and versatility of Linux. All Codero Linux-based Dedicated Servers come standard with a CentOS operating system, the most popular general-purpose Linux-dedicated hosting OS. However, if your team prefers Ubuntu®, we can install it at no additional charge.
Linux OS - Benefits
- Server access: FTP, control panel, telnet, or SSH
- Server-side scripts: PHP
- Database (for dynamically driven website): MySQL
- Shell scripts: CGI, PERL
- Supported extensions: CGI, .html, .htm, .pl, .shtml, .xml, and others
Custom OS options
If you prefer to use an alternative OS, we’ll work with you to make sure you get the one you need. Whether you’re looking for a FreeBSD®, Debian®, or completely custom installation, if we can download it or you can provide it, we’re happy to run it on your dedicated server.
Overview of custom OS:
- FreeBSD®: Based on Unix® and the Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD) branch, FreeBSD is automatically optimized and customized for a huge variety of applications and is known for adaptability, reliability, and performance.
- Debian®: Uses the Linux kernel combined with basic OS tools from the GNU project. Provides over 18,733 packages of pre-compiled software, bundled up for easy installation.
- OpenSUSE®, SUSE Linux Enterprise®, or Red Hat Enterprise® Linux®: Our team also has experience working with these other alternative OSes and can help you decide if they’re a good fit. License fees may apply for enterprise versions.
- Custom OS: If you're looking for something other than what we list here, chat with us – we can accommodate most requests. (Custom installation fees apply.)
Let's talk OS.
You may know which OS is right for you, or you may need help deciding. Our team is ready to learn about your needs and help you select the best OS for your dedicated server.
No workload is too hefty and no business challenge too complex for us. We provide the latest in server technology and top-tier bandwidth providers in our Tier 3, SSAE 16 data centers.