How do I create a new client in the Plesk Control Panel?
The first step for hosting a domain name in the Dedicated Server Plesk Control Panel will be to create a particular client account. You should also keep in mind that the client will not be able to create domains unless he or she is granted an IP address. Here is how to create a client and configure its IP pool in your Plesk Control Panel:
- Login to your Plesk Control Panel. Use the information provided to you when the server was setup.
- Click on Clients from the navigation bar on the left.
- Next, click the Add New Client Account icon.
- Now, you have to enter the necessary data in the respective text fields. The following entries are mandatory:
- Contact name - This is the name that appears in the Clients list as well as when you select a client to add a new domain. The contact name must be unique in order to work with it in the Plesk system.
- Login - By assigning a Plesk Login Name (username) to a client, you grant that client access to Plesk for independent account administration. Each client's Plesk Login Name must be unique in the system. Note: Use only alphanumeric, dash, dot and underscore symbols in the login name.
- Password - You must assign a password to each client for security purposes. When entering the password, the symbols will be replaced by the asterisks so that nobody can accidentally see your password on the screen. Note: Do not use quotes, space and national alphabet characters in the password. The password should be between 5 and 14 characters long and must not be the same as the login name.
- Confirm Password - In order to make sure that you have entered the password you wanted, re-enter it in this field.
- Review the entered information. Leave the Proceed to configuring client's IP pool checkbox selected and click OK.
- The client's IP pool will open. Select a desired IP address in the list of Vacant IPs, and click Add>> to add it to the pool.
- Finally, click OK. The client account is created and the client is provided with IP address(es) necessary for hosting domains. The Client Home page appears, providing you with client account management functions.
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do I create a new client in the Plesk Control Panel?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.