The best way to get started using your new Windows Basic Server for e-mail, is to install Mail Enable Standard Edition.
Mail Enable is a freeware, functional e-mail server available from http://www.mailenable.com/ For additional information on this production visit this link: http://www.mailenable.com/standard_edition.asp
- To install Mail Enable SE, first download the software from http://mailenable.com/mailenablestandard.exe
- Launch the file you just downloaded by double-clicking on it:
- Click OK to continue
- Click Next to continue
- Enter your name and company information:
- Click Next to accept the terms and conditions:
- Click On Next to accept the default installation path.
- Click on Next to continue
- Click on Next to accept the default location for the message store
- Enter your company name and click on Next to continue
- Enter your domain name and name servers, then click Next
- Click Next to begin the installation
- Let MailEnable install completely, you'll see the following screen. Press Finish to complete the install
- Congratulations! MailEnable is now installed on your dedicated server. To view or configure MailEnable go to Start > All Programs > Mail Enable > Mail Enable Administrator
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.
- How do I manage IP addresses on my dedicated server with Windows 2003?
- How do I generate an SSL CSR for a Linux or Windows Server
- How can I troubleshoot basic problems with my Dedicated Server?
- Installing and Enabling IIS and FTP on Windows Server 2012
- How can I enable my Windows server to host websites if I do not have Plesk?