Important: Please have in mind that the instructions below apply only to Dedicated Server customers. It is assumed that you have the Plesk Control Panel and the email accounts are already created.
There are two more settings you have to setup in Plesk to ensure that your email account will work properly:
- Go to Server > Mail > Preferences > Relaying. Select the authorization is required radio button and then the SMTP check box.
- Go to Modules > Firewall > Edit Firewall Configuration. If the SMTP (mail sending) server is NOT enabled (green), click on it, then select Allow and click OK. Finally, click Activate.
Here is how you can configure the Microsoft Outlook email client for email accounts you have created on your Dedicated Server:
- Open MS Outlook, and from the Tools menu select Email Accounts.
- Select the radio-button next to Add a new email account and click Next.
- Select the radio-button next to POP3 and click Next.
- Now, you have to specify the email account settings. Please make sure to replace yourdomain.com in all examples below with a domain name you host on your Dedicated Server.
- User Information:
Your Name – type in the name that your recipients will see in the “From” field of e-mails you send.
Email Address – type in your complete email address.
- Server Information:
Incoming mail server (POP3) – type in mail.yourdomain.com. Optional: you can replace mail.yourdomain.com with your Dedicated Server IP Address.
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) – type in mail.yourdomain.com. Optional: you can replace mail.yourdomain.com with your Dedicated Server IP Address.
- Logon Information:
User Name - type in your complete email address.
Password – type in the password for this email account.
Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) – do not check this box.
- Once you have filled in the above information, click on the More Settings button.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab and check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Select also the radio button next to Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Now, select the Advanced tab. Set the Incoming server (POP3) port to 110 and the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 25.
- Click OK.
- Finally, click Next and then - Finish
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.
- How do I configure outlook express for my dedicated server email accounts?
- How do I setup POP in Outlook 2007 for my managed Email?
- How do I setup IMAP in Outlook 2007 for my managed Email?
- I have a dedicated server with plesk, how do I create a new email account?
- How do I setup IMAP in Outlook 2003 for my managed Email?