Important Notes: It is assumed that you have the Plesk Control Panel and the email accounts are already created.
There are two settings you have to setup in Plesk to ensure that your email account will work properly:
- Go to Server > Mail > Preferences > Relaying. Select the authorization is required radio button and then the SMTP check box.
- Go to Modules > Firewall > Edit Firewall Configuration. If the SMTP (mail sending) server is NOT enabled (green), click on it, then select Allow and click OK. Finally, click Activate.
Here is how you can configure the Outlook Express email client for email accounts you have created on your Dedicated Server:
- Open Outlook Express, and from the Tools menu select Accounts.
- Click Add, and then select Mail from the next menu. The Internet Connection Wizard will open.
- Type in your Display Name: this is the name that your recipients will see in the "From" field of e-mails that you send. Click Next.
- Enter your complete email address and click Next. Please make sure to replace yourdomain.com in all examples below with a domain name you host on your Dedicated Server.
- Select POP3 as incoming mail server. Both the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server should be: mail.yourdomain.com. Click Next.
- Enter your complete email address in the Account name text field and your email account password in the Password text field. Do not check the box next to Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA).
- Click Next and then - Finish.
- Now, select your e-mail account from the list on the left and click on Properties.
- Select the Servers tab and check the box next to My server requires authentication.
- Next, select the Advanced tab. Set
- Click Apply.
- Finally, click OK and then - Close.
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.
- How do I configure Microsoft Outlook for my dedicated server email accounts?
- I have a dedicated server with plesk, how do I create a new email account?
- How do I setup IMAP in Outlook 2003 for my managed Email?
- How do I setup POP in Outlook 2003 for my managed Email?
- How do I setup POP in Outlook 2007 for my managed Email?