Yes. Once you have configured hosting for a domain, you can use a file manager to handle all your files in a more convenient way.
To access the file manager functions:
- Log in to Parallels Plesk Panel.
- Go to Domains > domain name > File Manager (in the Files group).
- Create and upload files and directories.
Place the files and directories that should be accessible via HTTP protocol to the
httpdocsdirectory, and files/directories that should be transferred securely over SSL protocol to the
httpsdocsdirectory. Place your CGI scripts into the
- To create a new directory within your current location, click the Add New Directory button.
- To create new files in the required directory, click Add New File, in the File creation section specify the file name, select the Use html template check box, if you want file manager to insert some basic html tags to the new file, and click OK. A page will open allowing you to enter the content or html-formatted source of a new file. After you are done, click OK.
- To upload a file from the local machine, click Add New File, specify the path to its location in the File source box (or use the Browse button to locate the file), and click OK.
When you upload web content through File Manager or FTP, your control panel automatically sets the appropriate access permissions for files and directories. The permissions are represented as three sets of symbols, for example, 'rwx rwx r--'. The first set tells what the owner of the file or directory can do with it; the second tells what the user group, the file or directory belongs to, can do with the file or directory; the third set indicates what other users (the rest of the world, i.e. Internet users visiting a site) can do with the file or directory. R means the permission to read the file or directory, W means the permission to write to the file or directory, and X means the permission to execute the file or look inside the directory.
To modify permissions for a file or directory, in the Permissions column, click the respective hyperlink representing the set of permissions. Modify the permissions as desired and click OK.
To edit the source code of a file, click .
To edit the Web page in the built-in visual editor (available only to users of Microsoft Internet Explorer), click . When editing an HTML file, Parallels Plesk Panel opens internal WYSIWYG editor by default. If you want to edit the source code of the HTML file, click HTML. To return back to WYSIWYG mode, click Design.
To view the file, click .
To rename a file or directory, click . Type in a new name and click OK.
To copy or move a file or directory to another location, select the required file or directory using the appropriate check box, and click Copy/Move. Specify the destination for the file or directory to be copied or renamed to, then click Copy to copy, or Move to move it.
To update the file or directory creation date, click Change Timestamp. The time stamp will be updated with the current local time.
To remove a file or directory, select the corresponding check box, and click Remove. Confirm removal and click OK.
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.
- How to setup domain backups in Plesk
- I have a dedicated server. How can I install my commercial SSL certificate on my server using Plesk?
- How do I edit client preferences in the Plesk control panel?
- I have a dedicated server. How can I install my commercial SSL certificate on my server using plesk?
- How do I manage e-mail in the Plesk control panel?