This guide will show you how to change the default page that Plesk uses for any new sites that have created accounts on the server before content is placed in the website folders as well as the default page used for any sites that are pointed to your server that do not have an account created in Plesk.
This is what the Plesk default page typically looks like. This page is displayed when you navigate to a domain that is pointed to your server's IP address and created on the Plesk server without placing any web content and also when navigating to the IP address of the sever when no domain is set as the default domain on that IP address.
To change this page to your own page, you need to navigate on the server with SSH or SFTP to the following directories.
Location of default page for sites that are pointed to your server that do not have an account created in Plesk. You can also view this page by navigating to the IP address of your server in your web browser so long as there's not a default domain set to the IP address under Tools and Settings -> IP Addresses.
- /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs (non-SSL)
- /var/www/vhosts/default/httpsdocs (SSL)
Location of default page that Plesk serves before any files are copied to a newly added domain's folders.
In this example I replaced the index.html file with my own file named the same thing in the /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs directory. You can simply edit the index.html file or replace it with the site files of your choosing.
- How to change the Plesk default page
- I have a dedicated server with Plesk 8.x. how can I change the hostname of my server from IPAddress.dedicated.abac.net to a domain name which I currently own?
- How do I change the Plesk Admin password
- How do I edit client preferences in the Plesk control panel?
- How do I manage e-mail in the Plesk control panel?