This guide will show you how to fix a bug in Spam Assassin that marks all mail created in 2010 as spam.
1. Log into your server using SSH.
2. First we will locate the proper configuration file for Spam Assassin. Run the following command.
3. Observe the output.
4. We will then edit the file to do this we will use VI. Run the command
[root@hostname]# vi /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
5. We are now editing the file our goal is to add the line below to the file.
score FH_DATE_PAST_20XX 0.0
6. We can do this by typing the letter o
7. Now you are in insert mode you can now type or paste the line above in the open slot.
8. Now type to close and save the file in VI
This command will close VI and save.
9. Now we will run a Spam Assassin update to fully resolve the issue. Here is the command.
Now the issue should be fixed and Spam Assassin should work normally.
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.