- Log in Via RDP as the local administrator, navigate to the start menu and select the “This PC” Icon
- On the left hand pane select the “This PC” option.
- Once this is selected it will open up a sub menu at the top of the screen where you will have the option to “Map network drive”
- Once selected, the wizard will start and you will need to designate a drive letter, as well as specify the path to the shared directory/folder. This can be done by either browsing to the folder (if you are able) or specifying the path manually. Once you have entered all necessary information and ensure to check the reconnect at sign-in box if applicable.
!! When specifying the path manually you may do so by hostname or by entering the ip address of the server, As seen here:
- How to add additional IPs to the network adapter in Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- How to Setup a VPN on Windows Server 2012
- Installing and Enabling IIS and FTP on Windows Server 2012
- How to disable IE Enhanced Security Configuration (IE ESC) in Windows Server 2012
- How to Enable / Disable Multiple RDP Sessions in Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012