Windows - Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
This assumes you have working knowledge of how to use Remote Desktop Protocol and your login is a member of the Administrators group on the server.
1) RDP into the server using proper credentials.
2) Click Start and navigate to Administrative Tools->Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
3) Enable, disable, or edit one of the predefined rules already created.
4) Create a new rule if needed.
5) All rules are active once enabled. There is no need to restart services or reboot for these rules to have effect. Please take note when doing so, as editing a rule incorrectly may lock out your connection.
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.
- Installing and enabling IIS and FTP on Windows Server 2008 R2
- How can I enable my Windows server to host websites if I do not have Plesk?
- How to Open / Close Ports in your Firewall on Linux (iptables, firewalld, ufw)
- How to whitelist or block IPs in your Firewall on Linux (iptables, firewalld, ufw)
- How to manage firewall rules in CentOS 7