Windows - How to determine disk usage
This assumes you have working knowledge of how to use Remote Desktop Protocol and your login is a member of the Administrators group on the server.
1) RDP into the server using proper credentials.
2) Check current disk usage and free space using Explorer:
3) Download a free tool named Windirstat from their site: http://windirstat.info/download.html
4) Run the downloaded installer to begin the program.
5) Once installed, allow Windirstat to gather information on your selected drives.
6) Use the output sorted from Windirstat to determine the largest directories and where the most space is used.
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.