In the event your mail is being hosted on a 3rd party server (i.e. gmail) you will want to disable local mail service to prevent your server from attempting to deliver mail locally. This will prevent any mail originating on your server from being "lost" due to being delivered to the wrong location. To do this in Plesk 11, click Domains, then "Open in Control Panel." Now click on the Mail tab at the top of the page. Click change settings, uncheck the box next to "Activate mail service on domain" and click OK. Your server will no longer attempt to deliver mail locally. If you're using WHM/cPanel, log into the domain's cPanel and click MX Entry from the Mail section. Now choose Remote Mail Exchanger in the Email Routing section.
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.
- How do I manage e-mail in the Plesk control panel?
- How do I edit client preferences in the Plesk control panel?
- How to check the mail queue on your server
- I have a dedicated server. How can I install my commercial SSL certificate on my server using plesk?
- Codero has issued me a new IP address to replace one of my current IP addresses. How do I do this on Plesk?