- Open the XenCenter application
- In the top menu, click on Add New Server
- In the Add New Server window, enter the IP/hostname of your server, the username (usually root) and the password and click Add
- XenCenter will want to save and restore the connection state on login. If you wish to allow this, check the box next to Save and restore server connection state on startup.
- Click OK to finish.
Once you have added your server to XenCenter, There are a few more steps that are needed to prepare the server:
- In the left navigation pane, click on the newly added Xen server
- Click on the Networking tab in the main pane of the XenCenter application
- Click on the Network card that has a Disconnected link status
- Click on Properties. This will open the Network Properties window.
- In the left pane of the Network Properties window, click on Network Settings
- Uncheck Automatically add this network to new virtual machines
- Click OK
You are now ready to add VM's to your server:
- In the left navigation pane, click on the server you wish to create a VM on.
- Click New VM in the top menu. This will open the New VM window.
- Select the OS type you would like to install and click Next.
- Set the name of the VM and click Next.
- Select the installation media and click Next.
How can I add the Codero ISO repo to my XenServer?
- Select the ISO (if available on the Codero Repo) from the dropdown located under Install from ISO library or DVD drive and click Next
- Select the server on which you wish to place the VM (This will automatically be set to the server you selected in step 1). Click Next
- Select the number of CPUs and Memory and click Next.
- Select the storage. You can adjust the storage size by clicking Properties. Click Next when complete.
- Select the network cards. You can add more cards by clicking Add or edit the existing ones by clicking Properties. Click Next.
- Click Create Now to create the VM
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.