When you need to completely shut down the server, you should do it through the Plesk control panel software rather than simply turning off the hardware. Shutting down with Plesk closes all open files and gracefully ends all current services. To shut down your system, follow these steps:
1. Click the shutdown button on the Server administration page.
2. Plesk warns you that the system will be shut down and asks you to confirm your choice, for safety purposes. Click OK to turn the server off or cancel to keep the server active.
Shutting down the server via the Plesk interface will also shut down the operating system and anything else running on the server. After having done this, there is no way to remotely bring the server back up; it must be done manually.
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.
- How do I manage IP addresses on my dedicated server with Plesk?
- I have a dedicated server. How can I install my commercial SSL certificate on my server using Plesk?
- I have a dedicated server with plesk, how do I create a new email account?
- I have a dedicated server with Plesk 8.x. how can I change the hostname of my server from IPAddress.dedicated.abac.net to a domain name which I currently own?
- How do I reboot my dedicated server with Plesk?