- First browse to your Plesk Control Panel. Open up your browser (either Internet Explorer or Firefox), and browse to https://youripaddress:8443
- Once at your Plesk Control Panel Login, simply log in with your admin username and password:
Once in Plesk you are going to have to add a client before you can add a domain. Choose add client and then fill in all the information, you will then be able to add the client
You can now Create a Domain. By choosing the create domain button once you have created the domain you will be taken to this screen
This is the screen where you can choose to forward the website some where else. Host the the site on the server or not host at this time.
The Login and password that you choose here, will be the credentials that you use to FTP into the server. Also here is where you choose to put in the www.domain.com Dns record by choosing the check box in front of the domain name and the IP the domain is run after. You can revisit this screen by going to the domain in a drop down menu, after the domain is created.
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.
- I have a dedicated server with Plesk 8.x. how can I change the hostname of my server from IPAddress.dedicated.abac.net to a domain name which I currently own?
- How to setup domain backups in Plesk
- How can I view all statistics associated with a domain in the Plesk control panel?
- How do I forward a domain in Plesk?
- How do I change domain settings in Plesk?