To enable Remote Desktop on Windows Server 2012 for remote or off site management.
**Note this is usually automatically enabled by Codero when building Windows servers**
Step # 1: Log into your Windows Server 2012.
Step#2: Click on Server Manager
Step# 3: Then click on Local Server and beneath the Properties displayed screen, you will see Remote Desktop presently inactivated.
Step # 4: Click on the Disabled link next to Remote Desktop. A new windows will open and you will select, “Allow remote connections to this computer”, and be sure to leave the ‘recommended’ check-box checked.
You have now turned on remote desktop access for your Windows 2012 Server.
- How to Enable / Disable Multiple RDP Sessions in Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012
- What is the Remote Server Management?
- How to add additional IPs to the network adapter in Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- How to Setup a VPN on Windows Server 2012
- How to disable IE Enhanced Security Configuration (IE ESC) in Windows Server 2012