To adjust the domain preference settings, follow these steps:
1. Click the PREFERENCES button at the Domain administration page. The Domain preferences page will open.
2. Check or uncheck the WWW prefix checkbox to determine whether the given domain will allow the www prefix to be used to access the domain. If the box is checked, Internet users will be able to access a domain (i.e. domain.com) by utilizing either the domain name itself or the domain with the "www" prefix. If the box is unchecked it will not be accessible with the "www" prefix (i.e. www.domain.com).
3. To change the domain name, click in the Domain name field, displaying the given domain name and edit it as desired.
- Use this feature with caution, as renaming a domain may result in problems with software running on this domain.
- Make sure that you inform a domain owner and domain users of the domain name change.
4. To use a mail bounce message, select the radio button for Bounce with Phrase and enter the appropriate text.
5. To use a catch-all email address, select the radio button for Catch to address and enter the appropriate e-mail address.
You cannot select both a mail bounce message and a catch-all email address.
6. Check or uncheck the WebMail checkbox to allow or disallow the use of web based e-mail for the given domain through webmail.'domain name'.
7. Check or uncheck the Allow the web users scripting checkbox to allow or disallow the use of scripting to the web users' accounts created within the given domain. Note that this simply allows the domain owner to select from the scripting options given to the domain.
8. To set the traffic statistics retention period, check the Delete traffic statistics older than...Months, and type in the number in the input field provided.
9. Click the UPDATE button to submit any and all changes and return to the Domain administration page. Clicking the UP LEVEL button will discard all changes and return to the Domain administration page.
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please visit www.codero.com, chat with us online or give us a call at 866-2-CODERO.
- How do I edit client preferences in the Plesk control panel?
- How can I view all statistics associated with a domain in the Plesk control panel?
- How do I manage e-mail in the Plesk control panel?
- What is the client report in the Plesk control panel?
- How do I create a new client in the Plesk Control Panel?