To complete this, you must first have a MySQL database configured. You will need the database name, username and password.
1. Download a current copy of Wordpress from http://wordpress.org/download/
2. Unzip the Wordpress .zip file you downloaded in the previous step to your local computer.
3. Rename wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php
4. Open wp-config in a text editor and edit the following variables:
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
/** MySQL database username */
/** MySQL database password */
When done editing, be sure to save your changes.
5. Log in via FTP and change into the directory to which you would like to install Wordpress.
6. Upload all files.
7. Visit www.domain.com/blog if you uploaded the files to your httpdocs/blog directory.
8. Fill out the short form and the Wordpress installer will finish the installation of the script.
This article has been provided by Codero Hosting, the leading provider of reliable dedicated, managed and cloud hosting services. Need more information on this topic or to learn more about Codero’s hosting services please