Codero Hosting Opens State-of-the-Art Data Center in Dallas-Forth Worth to Serve Rapidly Growing Customer Base
May 6th, 2014
Codero’s fourth facility helps power the industry’s only native hybrid hosting solution.
Codero Hosting, a leading provider of dedicated, managed, cloud and hybrid hosting services, today announced the opening of its flagship data center in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The Tier 3 state-of-the-art hybrid-ready facility, provides Codero’s rapidly growing customer base with better access to Codero’s cloud, dedicated and patented On-Demand Hybrid Cloud™ solutions. The data center’s design and architecture enables full redundancy, high-performance, rapid provisioning and seamless scalability. The Codero DFW data center build-out was completed in collaboration with Digital Realty.
“The new data center is all about serving customers requiring world-class performance, reliability and scalability running on the most advanced networking technology infrastructure. Whether it’s bare metal dedicated servers, public cloud, private cloud, or our patented On-Demand Hybrid Cloud technology, our expanded data center footprint supports it all,” said Robert Autenrieth, COO of Codero Hosting. “DFW is the hub of connectivity for U.S. bandwidth and offers the industry’s latest technology – everything from power and cooling to density, as well as a variety of choices in bandwidth providers, flexibility in labor pool and unbeatable power costs. All these factors combined to make it a natural choice for our fourth data center in the U.S.”
Located 15 miles from downtown Dallas, the Codero DFW data center is part of the 70-acre Digital Dallas Data Campus situated along primary fiber routes and master planned for more than 100 megawatts of power (N+1), multiple fuel service providers, and 24x7 campus security. The campus is a strategic, resilient location away from seismic regions and areas prone to flooding. It is located within a major Texas fiber hub with multiple carriers enabling low latency, increased reliability and decreased costs including very low electricity costs.
The site is the fourth Codero SSAE 16 (previously known as SAS 70) data center in the U.S. and features the following:
- State-of-the-art networking design and architecture that is fully redundant and high-performing to natively enable the industry’s only true hybrid hosting on-demand
- 10 gigabit switches throughout, running to the rack and server for maximum performance and future upgradability
- Access to on-site 138KV power substation delivering dual-feed 12.47 utility power from two independent utility substations to guarantee strong uptime
- 24x7 Codero technical operations on-site to ensure network performance and rapid provisioning of servers with the help of Codero’s automation layer
- 6,900 kW of UPS power
- 2500 kVA delivered by 480V service
- Four 625 kVA UPS systems configured as 2N
- Sixteen 150-ton RTUs configured as N+1 for optimum cooling
- Nine fiber providers located within data center campus
- Double interlock pre-action sprinkler system and overhead and under-floor smoke detection for optimum fire protection
Codero is excited to introduce businesses of all sizes to the power and flexibility of On-Demand Hybrid Cloud. The Codero DFW data center already has several anchor tenants with hundreds of servers and devices currently deployed. Discounts are available for the first 100 customers of Codero DFW. Visit our data center overview for more details