Codero Hosting Offers Disruptive Pricing with Affordable On-Demand NAS, SAN Storage and Free Back-Ups for Life
April 30th, 2013
Codero Hosting (www.codero.com), a leading provider of dedicated, managed, and cloud hosting services, unveiled its on-demand Network Attached Storage (NAS) and IP-based Storage Area Network (SAN) offerings. The new services and their affordable price points better serve customers' needs and provide more scalable and high performance storage options. Promotional pricing of the new NAS and SAN services starts at 4¢/gigabyte. Separately, Codero is also offering free back-ups for life on all of its Smart Servers line.
“We continuously listen to our customers to help gauge where we need to expand our products and services, and our customers asked for more cost effective, scalable storage and recovery options,” said Chandler Vaughn, SVP of Development at Codero Hosting. “Any organization that needs a server needs a storage and backup solution; it's precarious to have one without the others. Our new offerings unequivocally meet customer demands with affordable price points that disrupt the industry — comparable competitive offerings are 10 times more expensive than our new offerings.”
NAS is specifically designed to be a filer and is great for backups, file archiving, and storage of webhead content. SAN was built for block storage so that there are volumes to partition and mount. The new on-demand storage solutions include the following features:
- Optimized for storage - The dedicated solutions are optimized specifically for storage needs.
- Fully managed - Codero handles all management of the “no touch” storage.
- Easy set-up - Simply map a drive (on Windows) or mount a directory over NFS (on Linux) for heterogeneous access to files.
- Easy to use - Simultaneously share files with multiple servers including virtual servers.
- Local appearance - Block storage appears as local drives, allowing applications such as databases to take advantage of larger, faster storage; no complicated network sharing or application configuration required.
Codero developed the new solutions to more efficiently and effectively serve Windows and Linux customers in need of scale-out storage. Ideal candidates for Codero's NAS and SAN storage are organizations that are comfortable with network-bound performance and do not need Host Bus Adapters. The solutions are best for those customers needing storage for media, back-ups, files or additional storage for virtualization.
For more information on Codero Hosting on-demand storage, visit www.codero.com/storage.