Migration of Servers to Phoenix Data Center Praised by Codero Customers
February 1st, 2011
Supported by extensive migration experience, Infrastructure-as-a-Service provider completes successful consolidation to SAS 70 Type II Certified environment.
Lenexa, Kan. — February 1, 2011 — In a drive to support expansion, performance, and network redundancy, Codero consolidated servers from its San Diego, California facility to its premier data center in Phoenix, Arizona this summer. Codero currently hosts thousands of websites around the world.
Ryan Elledge, Chief Operating Officer at Codero, said, "With its multi-layered security, the Phoenix location was specifically outfitted with complex technological equipment and improved network infrastructure to enhance security and scalability for our customers."
Codero owns and operates all technology and infrastructure housed in the 22,000-square-foot data center and also operates four points of presence in Irvine, California; Denver, Colorado; Chicago, Illinois; and Ashburn, Virginia.
Engineers at Codero spent months developing a comprehensive migration workflow process for the server migration to ensure customer data from the San Diego locale could be accessible as quickly as possible after the move to Phoenix. San Diego customers were contacted several times by emails to outline the migration which occurred after business hours on a Friday during a 24-hour maintenance window to assure the least possible interruption of business.
"During the migration, the number one goal was to provide peace of mind for our customers," said Elledge.
Bob Kohm, a Codero customer from SPLtrack, said, "The planned migration came right at our busiest time of year when we needed 24/7 access to servers. Ryan Elledge and his team went beyond the call of duty during these migrations and solved what could have
been a major problem for us. The migration of our most mission critical servers went without a hitch. Our total down time for the switch was less than two minutes for the most critical domain and not more than 30 minutes for those that are not very active
at this time. I cannot say enough good things about the service Codero provided."
Design and certification features at the Phoenix data center include:
- A PCI compliant environment, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) represents minimum payment-processing security measures to ensure all companies process, store and transmit debit and credit card information while maintaining a secure environment
- SAS 70 Type II certification, Statement on Auditing Standards recognized as best in the business
- Expedient provisioning to support rapidly growing businesses
- Staffed 24x7/x365 by experienced technicians and engineers
- 99.9% uptime guarantee on all dedicated servers
- Redundant HVAC systems to maintain temperature and humidity levels
- Fire and flood protection systems
- An onsite diesel backup generator
- Extra security through access cards, fingerprint identification and continuous security and surveillance.
Pursuing ambitious 2011 expansions, upcoming plans for Codero call for on-demand access to a Cloud infrastructure and a new green server bundle powered by 100% renewable energy.