Codero’s New Data Center Designed for Growth, Security, Geo-Diversity
September 17th, 2009
Server solutions leader finalizes build-out of its Phoenix location to support expansion, state-of-the-art equipment, network redundancy, and more.
(Overland Park, Kan.) Featuring high-performance connectivity, advanced power systems, and multi-layered security, Codero’s newest data center promises to take server and hosting reliabilityto the next level. Located in downtown Phoenix, Arizona, the 22,000-square-foot facility will house 8900 dedicated servers – along with space for offices and provisioning – upon its completion in November 2009. The Phoenix data center also places a premium on physical security, power conditioning and backup, staff expertise, critical systems monitoring, and best-in-class network technology to ensure uptime and a fully redundant IT infrastructure.
“As our customers’ hosting and server demands continue to grow, we welcome the challenge of staying ahead of the curve to meet their needs through our data centers,” says Shawn Hashmi, Director, Operations for Codero. “That means complete power redundancy, on-site security, SAS 70 certification – whatever it takes to fully support small- and -medium-sized businesses online.”
Codero’s Phoenix data center features advanced technology, power, security and networking capabilities:
- 24/7 staffing by experienced data center technicians and engineers
- Card access control at all interior/exterior doors and round-the-clock interior surveillance
- All utility power backed by uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems in the event of outages, with every server receiving conditioned UPS power
- On-site diesel generator backup should extended power outages occur
- HVAC systems are redundant – remaining units will absorb the additional load in the event of a primary system failure
- Only fully redundant, enterprise-class routing equipment
- Dry-pipe, pre-action double interlock fire suppression system with a Pre-Action Sprinkler backup system
- Regular facilities monitoring, testing and servicing for all critical electrical components, environmental systems, and security to ensure high availability and reliability
For additional information on Codero data centers, please review our updated Technology Portfolio.