At Codero, we are always striving to offer the highest performing hosting solutions, combined with top-notch customer service, at the best possible value to our customers. It is in our DNA and we can’t help it! That is why we are so excited today to announce the availability of the new Server lineup based on the powerful Intel Xeon E5-2600 processor series at all three of our data centers. From Phoenix, to Chicago, to our new data center in Ashburn, Virginia you’ll have access to these powerful enterprise-level processors to power your hosting solutions and online businesses.
As you well know, “Green” is also in our DNA. These Xeon E5-2600 processors are expected to quickly become the backbone of premier data centers around the world, including ours. In fact, the new processors deliver the best data center performance per watt, making them more eco-friendly than their predecessors. These E5-2600 processors also include breakthrough I/O innovation and trusted hardware security features that are critical for today’s hosting, and cloud computing platforms.
Xeon E5-2600s Out Perform Older Series by 67%
According to tests by Intel’s engineers, these processors outperformed older series processors by a whopping 67%! The E5-2600 lineup is ideal for applications and workloads that demand superior speed, and the highest performance. This may include power hungry databases that perform such tasks as heavy data analysis, and data manipulation. Web sites that require horsepower for more complex transaction-based applications and media applications that rely on continuous streams of data are also ideal candidates for the E5-2600 series.
In addition to performance, what are the other advantages of the E5-2600 series?
- I/O Innovation and Network Capabilities – With the unprecedented growth in data traffic, it is essential that systems not only improve computational abilities, but also enable data to flow faster through its buses in order to support data-hungry applications. The E5-2600 series meets these needs with Intel® Data Direct I/O (DDIO). DDIO allows Ethernet controllers and adapters to route I/O traffic directly to processor cache reducing trips to system memory, power consumption, and I/O latency.
- Tighter Security and Lower Power Usage – Intel’s new advanced encryption standard (Intel AES-NI) accelerates and strengthens encryption for more secure online transactions and improved data protection. Plus, the server family drives down energy usage and costs.
Check out just a few of the new Xeon E5-2600 series servers in our lineup (starting at only $205/mo):
- Xeon Quad Core 1.80 GHz E5-2603
- 2x Xeon Hex Core 2.00 GHz E5-2620
- 2x Xeon Octa Core 2.00 GHz E5-2650
- Or view our entire lineup of E5-2600s
Our new server lineup also coincides with our recent Smart Server launch. Codero Smart Servers were just released and available with our Xeon E5-2600 servers as well as many other servers in our lineup. The Intel E5-2600s and Smart Servers will continue to pave the way for more robust, efficient and scalable hosted solutions from Codero.
And just for fun, check out this cool infographic on the evolution of the processor. How far back do you remember and which was the first processor you used?
As always, thank you for being a Codero customer no matter what Intel processor generation you are using. Please let us know how we can help you. We are here for you 24x7x365 rain or shine and whether you are on these latest E5s or on the Core 2 Duos.