In honor of Arbor Day this Friday, we wanted to reinforce Codero’s evergreen commitment to sustainable actions. Born from our own employees’ desire to bridge the gap between their personal environmental values and those of the ones they serve, Codero has proudly established and maintained the following since 2010 (check out the case study here):
- Green-e Energy Certified renewable energy certificates (RECs)
- Green-e Marketplace membership
- Ownership of 12,500 MWh of certified RECs from EcoElectrons (which means every dedicated server supporting Codero’s customers is matched with Green-e Certified energy!)
- Company-wide waste reduction plan (recycling old servers, responsible electronic recycling, donating used furniture, low lighting, e-billing, waste-reduction efforts and more)
- Codero offices abandoned use of disposable utensils to reduce overall plastic consumption.
- Plant-a-Tree program participation, through which any Codero customer using dedicated, managed or cloud hosting planscan donate $1, $5, $10, $15, or $20 dollars. Each tree costs $1 to plant and Codero has selected American Forests to plant the tree in the customer’s honor at the end of the month. We have been partnered with them since 2012.
Additionally, Codero is the largest dedicated server and managed hosting provider in the industry to offer eco hosting solutions across its entire operations, powering our customers’ websites and applications with clean, green energy.
Why do you care?
For the same reason we care—to protect the environment in which we live. And, since we’re dedicated to using renewable energy for every dedicated server we support, Codero is taking even more steps to reduce our carbon footprint in the month of April—we’ll match every dollar you donate to the Plant-a-Tree program through your online order through the end of the month.